Outline source for presentation slide deck
Transforming Canadian Elections
- GreenPAC's existing mandate
- Identify qualified environmental candidates based on their record
- Green mandate provides rationale for the initiative
- Green mandate attracts the right people who can contribute
- Directed Donations to candidates
- Expanding GreenPAC's mandate - Why?
- Why? Can Canada endure another Harper government?
- 30 years of environmental legislation recinded
- It is our duty. No opportunity must be left undeveloped
- Harper's cabinet is bleeding talent eg. Baird not running for re-election
- Harper's defeat is far from certain. Not even in the likely category. Only "possible".
- Urban Swing ridings heavily Conservative - eg. Don Valley West
- Many allies available
- GreenPAC is non-partisan
- broad support from Canadians
- Environmental movement
- Labour movement - Unifor CUPE
- Science community
- International support - implied in GreenPAC's mission
- International money eg WWF
- not candidate specific support
- Existing election laws do not appear to limit funding a multi-party election initiative
- seek expert legal opinion
- What will it look like?
- GreenPAC's expanded mandate
Over the long term....
- providing focus and direction for the ABC movement (Anybody But the Conservatives)
- rename ABC to Red/Orange/Green (ROG)
- Election Intelligence services to selected candidates
- drive in detail the success of local election campaigns
- identify block by block the richest sources of favourable votes.
- Building an information resource for the ROG movement
- Providing outreach to the entire ROG movement
- Provide an effective-voting alternative to a ROG movement - Start with Environmental & Labour Movement
- Can permanently transform electoral politics in Canada through a ROG movement
- Can force the Conservative party from the far right towards the Centre through an Effective Voting imperative
- eg. Labour Party in the UK shifts to the centre- Tony Blair and Article 4 of the Labour Constitution
- loss of "Red Tory" movement of “Progressive” Conservatives in Canada
GreenPAC Information Resource
- Accept postal codes only of members, contacts from the entire ROG movement
- GeenPAC contacts
- environmental NGO's
- labour movement
- Red/Orange/Green (ROG) confirmed voters & volunteers, Postal Codes only from individual campaigns.
- Approved candidates use treemaps to identify ineffective votes
- Glossification tool allows candidates to run campaigns using our tool as their central dispatch resource
- set up separate servers under full control of candidates in areas where confidentiality requirements are high.
- use GreenPAC information base to locate members/supporters close to polls rich in ineffective votes
- make request to agency owning the contact
- information/training kit sent out to local poll contact
- information table set up on the block with ineffective votes
- general public in that poll is encouraged to go to a swap site and swap their vote
- log/catalog swapped votes
- create buzz, word of mouth movement to trade votes.
- major donors
- Unions, Labour movement
- big environmental
- international environmental WWF
- sustainable energy
- NIMBY line 9 - pipeline opposition
- Ducks Unlimited
- Crowdfunding - minor donors
- Story, the Video
- The promise
- Delivering on the promise - Report
- The next round
Page served at: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 05:59:26 AST.